MW0JZE Hexbeams are very excited to announce that Emil DL8JJ has chosen the Ultra-Lightweight Portable Hexbeam to activate EU-081 one of Europe's Most Wanted IOTA's Saint Marcouf island.
Emil will be signing F/DL8JJ/P and the activation will take place from the 5th - 10th July 2015
This is a solo trip but by no means is a lightweight expedition, Emil is taking this very seriously.
His equipment list is quite impressive for a solo operation!
• Flex-6300 (main RIG)
• Kenwood TS-480SAT (standby)
• Elecraft KX3 with 60Ah (standby)
• Acom 1011
• Arlan Radiosport RS60CF headset with M350-ADJ Electret Mic (for SSB) against the loud noise of the choral seagulls
• Bose QuierComfort 25 (for CW) Noise Cancelling headphones against the loud noise of the choral seagulls
• LowBand Dipol 2x27m with Palstar BT-1500A
• G3TXQ Ultra lightweight portable Hexbeam
• 12 mtrs portable tower
• Genartor Einchell 2500
• Honda EX7 (standby)
• 150 Ltr. petrol
• 3 Notebooks
• N1MM Plus Software
• K1EL keyer
• Scheunemann single DX-pedition light paddle
• Technical tools
• Provisions to survive one week on the island
We wish Emil the greatest of success and a safe trip both on and off the island and a big thanks for choosing the all new Ultra-lightweight D-Hexpedition Hexbeam.
More info can be found on Emils site:http://www.dl8jj.darc.de/